Back to School
Trick-or-Treat!
Christmas Tree Hunting
Since I last wrote the kids have gone back to school. Emily is in the 6th grade - her last year at Sara Noble Intermediate School. Next year she will go to Middle School (don't ask me to spell the name of that school as it is the name of an Indian tribe from around here) Jeffrey is in the 4th grade - his first year at SNIS. Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas came and went. We spent Thanksgiving in Charlotte and Christmas here at home.
One of my ex co-workers at HR Block contacted me about a job that she was leaving. I interviewed and got the job - found out Christmas Eve!! I work part-time as a bookkeeper at Danbury Children First in downtown Danbury. It is a non-profit organization and I am learning a lot. I am glad it's just part-time.
Jamie is staying busy and stressed out at work. Hopefully things will calm down soon. He is super-busy with church and Jeffrey's cub scout pack as well. Some weeks we hardly get to see each other...just passing in the night and kissing goodbye in the morning. No fun!!!
Emily is struggling (as are her parents) with the transition to teenager-hood. She thinks she should be able to do whatever she wants and is such a victim of her strict, over-bearing parents. Jeffrey just wants Emily to "shut-up." They still play well together (usually on Sundays) but the rest of the week is full of arguments and fighting. Hopefully this will pass soon??????
Our dear dog Scotty is knocking on death's door. We are just trying to get the courage to put him to sleep. I am ready for him to go and it will be a relief but I miss my little Scotty-dog. Emily will probably not help things any. I've been trying to prepare her by telling her one day she is going to come home from school and Scotty will be dead. (Because that is how it will happen) Oh, I just don't like thinking about this.
Tonight Jeffrey and Jamie are going to a wolfpack hockey game in Hartford. Then they will "camp out" at the arena. They are going to have so much fun. Emily and I are going to have girl-time and will go see a chick-flick....if she ever gets out of bed that is.
Well, that's all that is going on right now. I will try to do less facebooking and more family blogging...mainly because it's a great way to record our family life for posterity - lol! Maybe one day Jamie or Emily or even Jeffrey will write something??????

No comments:
Post a Comment