Daisypath Vacation tickers

Watch This!!!

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Scotty 1992 - 2010

We lost our little Scotty on Friday, February 19, 2010.  We are devastated.  We miss our little dog so much.  I don't think any dog that has ever lived had a better funeral than this dog.  And he deserved it.  He deserved a good death, a peaceful death.  
In 1992 I was working as a teller at Wachovia Bank.  There was a customer who always came through the drive-thru with his little dog.  One day he had two dogs - the cutest little black puppy I ever saw. He told me he was looking for a home for "Scotty" and gave me his address and phone#.   Jamie and I had only been married a couple of months.  Somehow I talked him into going to look at the dog.  We weren't even supposed to have animals in our apartment but I think neither of us cared because there was something about this little dog that told us we needed to take him home.  We paid this man a little money to help cover vet / shots and brought little Scotty home.  I don't think anyone slept that night.  Scotty was restless and upset and he kept me up all night.  That was how we came to get Scotty.  The man told us Scotty was born October 27, 1992.  We always wondered what kind of home Scotty came from.  He never liked water, was afraid of it.  He hated baths.  HATED them.  But he was always obedient and did what I told him to, even though he really didn't want to.  Everyone loved Scotty.  He loved me no matter what I did to him.  When I was pregnant and had Emily & Jeffrey, I ignored him.  But he always knew when I was upset or sick.  He never left my side.  He knew when I was pregnant.  He knew when I was having a miscarriage.  He was always waiting for me when I came home.  When I was home by myself, he followed me around the house.  He always wanted to be where I was.  Sometimes I lost patience with him because he seemed to always be under foot.  But I think that he didn't want me to be alone.  Scotty always protected our home and our yard from squirrels, birds,cats, dogs, and people.  He was attacked by a mama dog while chasing three puppies off our porch in Burlington.  He had a toe removed because it was cancerous.    There are so many memories of Scotty.  We are going to create a memory book so that we never forget what a wonderful dog he was.

Scotty was obedient, loyal, loving, forgiving, caring, funny, playful, sweet.  He was a good boy.  I hope and pray we get to be with our Scotty again on the other side.  I don't know what God's plan is for animals.  But I cannot imagine a loving-God that would let this be it.  I think there are special angels who are assigned the task of taking care of our beloved pets and then on the day I cross through the veil, there an angel will be, holding my Scotty-boy!  And I will be so happy to see him again.  And then when Emily and Jeffrey return home to join us, there we will be to greet them.  Goodbye Scotty.   

No comments:

Post a Comment