

May is turning into a super-busy month. Last week was no exception. Besides the usual running around, Jeffrey had a field trip on Thursday. The whole third grade took their annual trip to see the New Britain Rock Cats play baseball. The chorus (Jeffrey is a member) sang the national anthem before the game. The rain that had been going on all week took a break just for the game. Jeffrey had a great time even though the Rock Cats lost 13-0.
Emily had a concert on Thursday night with the Intermediate Band & Strings. I went to that while Jamie took Jeffrey to cub scouts. The band is sounding much better. The boys were able to make it to the last half of the concert.
On Friday we checked the kids out of school early to take them to the Ringling Bros. circus in Hartford. We got there early to see the animal open house and to meet the clowns and see some pre-show shows right on the circus floor! The last two weeks have been horrible around home with Emily. She just couldn't understand why no one cared about her feelings and fear of clowns and why we were forcing her to go to the circus. I got so sick of hearing about it. I just knew she was going to ruin the fun for everyone. Well, it turns out she had the most fun of anyone! She LOVED the circus! I had told her that was going to happen all along but she refused to listen or believe me. SUCH DRAMA!!!!! It was my very first circus and I thought it was great. We had front-row seats and it a wonderful show.
For mother's day I was awakened with breakfast in bed courtesy of Emily and Jeffrey. Breakfast consited of waffles, a banana and orange juice. Emily and Jeffrey gave me poems they wrote and Jeffrey gave me a jar he painted at cub scouts filled with dark chocolate m&m's. After church Emily treated me to a day at the "spa." She gave me a foot soak, washed my hair, massaged my scalp, massaged my feet, dried my hair and put it up and then painted my nails. It was fun and she was eating it up! Jamie and the kids gave me some flowers to plant outside and Jamie grilled some steak for dinner. It was a nice, relaxing day for this mama. Coming up this week...Emily's orchestra concert and solo. She is making herself sick with worry. I hope she doesn't chicken out!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment