Sunday, June 21, 2009
Summer, Summer, Where are YOU?????
School is out! Hooray!!! Jeffrey finally got a new bike but can't go ride it because all it does is RAIN, RAIN, RAIN!!!!! Swim lessons (and my sunbathing) starts tomorrow. Forecast for tomorrow - Rain, high of 70. It cannot be possible that the lake is even warmed up enough to swim in!
This past week was a busy one. Jeffrey had a party or event at school almost every single day as well as his last Jujitsu lesson for the term. Emily had her last violin lesson too. Her teacher, Jill, just graduated high school and will be going off to college so Emily was quite sad to say goodbye. Both kids said they cried and cried on the bus after school. Jeffrey was sad because he said he would never see Mr. Raps again. Plus he was leaving the only school he's ever known. Emily was crying......I don't know why. She's just a dramatic little thing I guess. I am so happy both kids will be at the same school next year!!
On Friday after school let out early, my neighbor Kim and I took the kids (her son Matthew just finished fourth grade and I was babysitting another neighbors daughter who just finished first grade) to Friendly's for some ice cream. That was fun and a great way to celebrate school being out. Friday night for family movie night, we went to see "UP" in 3D. That was such a GREAT movie but the beginning made me cry. Emily said she was worried about me and knew I would cry. Saturday was clean house day, run errands, etc. Jamie took Jeffrey to the barber for a buzz cut at Jeffrey's request. Then Jeffrey got to go pick out his new bike as his little spider-man bike blew up! It rained.
Father's Day....Church....and More Rain
For Father's Day I stayed up till almost 1:00 am baking cookies to take to church to be combined with everyone else's baked goodies to give to the dads. Hardly anyone else brought anything, Jamie only got 3 cookies, and the teenage boys ended up taking goodies. This kinda ticked me off but oh well. Live and Learn, right?
Emily quizzed her dad on his favorite things last week so this is what the kids got for Jamie: His favorite candy bar = Twix; favorite thing to do = Read (book on space); favorite sports team = Atlanta Braves (new braves hat to replace the one he lost); favorite food = fried chicken (with homemade mashed potatoes, green beans and salad). I got him a GA Tech alumni license plate frame for his car. I think he enjoyed his day.
Jamie and I took some cookies over to another neighbor whose husband died last month. He had a stroke. He died within a couple of weeks of their 61st wedding anniversary. She is still missing him badly. It is so sad. As we were walking in the door she backed into her coffee table, stumbled and fell. She is already anticipating back surgery and fell on her arm that she just had surgery on before her husband died. She said she was ok, but it scared me to death. I thought we killed her. We sat and visited with Rose for a while but I was scared to leave her. She did seem alright though.
So that was our week. I hope to have a fun, relaxing summer with my kids. Too bad Jamie can't take the summer off. Coming up: swim lessons this week? More Rain....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment